We Make It Real
It’s clean fragrance. It’s vegan fragrance. It’s real fragrance.
Real fragrance means that we make it real. It is made. It is crafted. It is real. We make it by hand, with real flowers fruit and spices. We are the makers. Fragrance makers.
How real do you feel? Real fragrance, for real people. Be true. Be you. Be real. It’s why so many content creators, stylists and photographers choose S&B scents, because, they’re real. Express yourself with fragrance that’s unique, fresh, authentically you.
Fragrance makers. Authentic. Indie. Hand made. A boutique perfumery creating real fragrance at great prices. Founded by Dom De Vetta, ex Chanel and former head of Jo Malone London. With Julie Massé, new-gen perfumer of the moment. Small batch hand blending and filling in our London workshop. Purpose driven to make ingredients transparent, clear. Hiding nothing. Sustainably sourced with no nasties.
Honestly priced, for everyone. Today, expensive perfumes are based on fat margins, big prices, excess profits. At S&B, we are obsessed with making sure our margins are consciously modest so that everyone can afford excellent quality at reasonable prices.
Good to you. Good to animals. Good to the planet. We obsess over doing the right thing. Vegan fragrance, cruelty free, certified by PETA. Sustainable, ethical, and clean.
For us a crucial part of what we do is pioneering the clean fragrance movement. Clean fragrance means free from parabens, phthalates, synthetic dyes, nitro musks, aluminium, formaldehydes, petrolatum and parrafin. Plus all our ingredients are sustainably sourced. And packaged with recycled materials.
Our scents are for all genders. There are no outsiders at S&B, all are welcome, always. We support everyone’s right to express themselves fully – all profits from our fragrance Mermaid Kisses go to Mermaids.org.uk supporting people dealing with gender diversity.Real.
- Real. Real flowers fruit and spices.
- Clean. No parabens phthalates dyes. No toxins.
- Sustainable. Sustainably sourced ingredients and packaging.
- Cruelty Free and Vegan. Certified by PETA.
- All Genders. Supporters of Mermaids UK.
This is how we make it. By hand. With real flowers fruit and spices. In today’s world perfume’s artisan past has been forgotten. Perfume brands are licenced to giant manufacturers who favour cheap chemicals, fat margins and excess profits.
At S&B we are reviving the forgotten ways of doing things, reviving the artisan perfumery methods of old to be new again: putting craft, ingredients and people at the centre of our practice.
- Ingredient Search. We source the highest quality sustainable materials and import them from our suppliers in Grasse in the South of France, still home to the best fragrance ingredient know-how in the world. Dom and Julie visit every year to grade the harvest - hand-picked May rose, jasmine in August - and perform batch quality checks.
- Oil Extraction. We extract fragrance oil concentrates from the raw materials with a range of traditional methods – extraction, distillation or cold-pressing.
- Eau De Parfum Blending. The oils are taken to our artisanal workshop in East London where Rosaline and Raza hand-blend them in small batches of Eau De Parfum concentrate.
- Two Stage Ageing. After mixing, first our maturation process means the Eau De Parfum blend is barrelled and left to sit, and second maceration means the oil is mixed with alcohol and distilled water and left to sit again. Maturation and ageing vary batch to batch, generally taking over a month for full depth and richness.
- Filtration and Bottling. Remaining plant particles from the naturals in the oils are filtered from the perfume blend, and our smoky blue bottles are filled on site. Each bottle is individually marked with a small-batch number for full traceability.
- Controlled Storage. The bottles are stored in our facility on England’s South coast in Dorset county under tightly controlled light and temperature conditions to ensure consistency across the batch, overseen by Jackie and Tim.
Shay & Blue Ltd. Registered Company in England and Wales.
Registered Office: 80 York Street, London, W1H 1QW
Company Number 807 0259. Registered for VAT, number GB 137 3292 14.
Shay and Blue™ Registered Trademark.